Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Truths About Dating and Mating by Jaycee DeLorenzo

Rating this one 3.5 stars. Really wishing GR would allow you to do half-measures but I digress. The lowdown: Ivy and Ian have been best friends since they were tadpoles. The bond between them has been forged through fire (on his part) and Ivy has always been there for him. Although, she regards him much like an appendage, necessary and taken for granted, Ivy started to see him a more hotter way hotter light. Too bad he is the town bicycle and most of the girls in their college have gone for a ride. I love how the author handled the attraction between the H/h. They were both in denial to the point that it was pushed back into their subconscious. Ivy reacts to Ian’s casual hookups by being ultra-bitchy (sometimes to the point of judgmental). Normally, I hate when the h acts in a passive-aggressive manner but the reader is lead to believe that she honestly thinks she does not know she is already more than halfway in love with her best friend. Her actions then become understandable.

And Ian when Ivy shows any interest with someone else? Well…


There are face-palm moments a-plenty in this novel but it was well written and I enjoyed reading it. The other characters in the novel were well rounded enough that they can have their own stories (hmmmm… smelling a series here?)
The heat: a solid medium spicy.
Ian watched me through dark, hooded eyes and I was too busy trying to figure out what to say to make out what he was thinking.
“Hey.”
I cleared my throat. “Hey.”
“Were you just checking me out?”
“Yeah, maybe a little,” I admitted with a shrug.
I waited for the smugness to appear. It didn’t
“What do you think?” he asked, his tone serious.
Whew

P.S. Not too enthused about the cover. I actually prefer the older version to this one. The guy just looks....weird. I have learned to ignore bad covers (and bad titles) and pay attention to the synopsis and reviews by my peers. You tend to pass over really good stories otherwise. Unfortunately, a lot of other readers will turn down a book just because the cover looks a little off. So maybe, change it back Amazon?

No comments:

Post a Comment