Thursday, January 24, 2013

Collide by Gail McHugh



I must admit that I am on a love-triangle, I-know-you’re-with-someone-but-I-don’t-care trip right now. Yes, I know cheating is wrong. Yes, I know this type of behavior not only hurt others but yourself as well. However, this is fiction my friends. What are we even doing picking up a book if not to escape what really goes on out here?  What we find titillating in books is the main reason why we pick them up in the first place. Ok, that’s enough soap-box.

First off  OMG GAVIN!!!! . Gorgeous, self-assured, man-candy, etc. etc. etc.



All he wanted was Emily. You can’t feel nothing but hurt for Gavin as he looks on while she is with his friend Dillon the Dickhead as her best friend likes to call him.

Emily inwardly flared but kept her tone to a whisper. “You want to know what I’m upset about?” He nodded, not taking his eyes off her. “I’m upset that you blatantly go out of your way to make me uncomfortable. What happened to your whole wanting-to-be-friends gesture?”
 “Am I making it that hard for you?” he asked mockingly
 “Yes. Gavin, you are”
 He leaned in closer, dropping his voice. “Good, because whenever you’re near me, I fucking lose every bit of self-control I have left.”

Emotions were all over the place with this book
At first, I was like.....


 By 71% of the book, I was like…

Then, I was like Emily nooooooooo!



At the end of the book, I was like ...



This book has a lot of angst, lust, love and longing. Not to mention a lot of face-palm moments. Sometimes al lot of timesI’d like to smack Emily upside the head. But also that, in itself, makes the book a great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment