Sunday, January 27, 2013

Altered by Jennifer Rush

I had a hard time rating this one. I was going back and forth between 3 and 4 stars.
So… 3.5 then?


Anna’s father runs a lab for a shady corporation called the Branch that sanctioned four genetically altered boys to be imprisoned in her basement for tests. She interacted with these boys while they are imprisoned behind concrete and plexi-glass (like Hannibal’s prison). Sam, Nick, Cas, and Trevor are faster, stronger, smarter and more dangerous than your average teens. Oh, and they have no recollection of who they were and how they ended up in Anna’s basement in the first place.
Suspend disbelief... NOW!




It was a descent dystopia with good action scenes. Kept me entertained since I finished it (I’m known to drop a book like a hot potato if it doesn’t hook me within the first 10%). I dunno why I am not so invested with Sam as the main squeeze. Maybe because he was so squeaky clean. Not that he wouldn’t kick ass if he had to but I like my heroes with a lot more attitude as Nick had started to display.
Nick immediately scared the crap out of me. [Anna] had stared at his hands, tightened at his sides, tracing the swell of veins threading up and around his arms. It was like he’d known he hated me right from the start.
See? Yum. I know… I know… I need professional help

Liked it, didn’t love it but will pick up the sequel if when I remember to.

No comments:

Post a Comment