Sunday, January 27, 2013

His Kiss by Melanie Marks

I really loved this book. Ally Grange is a shy, bookish, goody-goody, churchy-church girl who is trying to keep her boyfriend, Aiden, from being beaten by Griffin Piper for being such a poser.  Griffin offers Ally a way out for Aiden in a way she never expected. Keep your shorts on, the novel is PG-13, so there are no real salacious activities that occur.
Which baffles me more that I actually liked this book. Not that I always look for heat in my books yes I do.
 
Throughout the novel, Ally’s heart and libido sway towards Griffin while her mind is telling her Aiden is a safer bet. As it happens, Aiden is not so great for her either but that’s for the book to reveal.  In other books, I usually hate this type of wishy-washy behavior. However, the author makes Ally’s struggle against her attraction to Griffin believable because of her upbringing. She was raised to have moral standards and sees Griffin behaving, well, badly. It is Griffin’s past behavior that makes her leery of forming an attachment to him. As for Aiden, I believe Ally reacted accurately for someone who is in a relationship that is past its expiration date (especially when the boyfriend hastened its end).

And Griffin… he can do no wrong in my book, that boy is just plain YUMMY! Hot, strong, rascal with hints of inner turmoil
GRRRR

 Very, very cute YA novel and I will be killing the rest of Melanie Marks' books. Hopefully, it will be as good as this one.

BTW, their story continues in High School Boys which is an anthology. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment