Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Billionaire’s Pregnant Mistress by Lacy Monroe



**Spoiler alert**
Jumping right in: from the get go, this book made zero sense. The intro and the premise of the book was just…



and this is coming from someone who has been reading romance novels since (never you mind) and I have forgiven A LOT of odd plot lines in the name of HEA.

The story reminded me of those old Loveswept series circa 1980s. I saw that it was published in 2004 but that can’t be right. The ideas, the language...it had to be a reprint.

First off, Xandra (Xandra?) Fortune is a French supermodel (working only in Europe) who only took a modeling job because her family’s old money has turned into no money. Her mother is humiliated enough that her daughter even has to work for a living much less as a model which is practically next to being a hooker according to her standards.



So she hooks up with a billionaire Greek hottie (no complaints here) who she gives her virginity to… (huh?) Gets pregnant (hence the title) but he doesn’t believe her so he throws her out of their apartment(not cool). Heartbroken (understandably) she goes back to her real persona as a broke American and promptly disappears. Having a change of heart, the Greek Hottie decides to look for her but cannot find her because Xandra is not even her real name and he has no idea who she really is.


To top it all off, the Greek Hottie’s grandfather refuses to make a life-saving operation until he marries a proper girl because the family needs an heir. This was the main reason why he got rid of Xandra in the first place.

 
Everything in this book was over the top. When I read about the restaurants they ate at, the places they stayed, the sidewalk they trampled I kept hearing Robin Leach in the background. It was BEYOND ridiculous. You can describe opulence without being so….I don't know. You'll know when you read it.


If Mystery Science Theater 3000 did romantic novels, this would have been in it. If I had known the direction this story was going, I would have had a grand old time with it like those old hecklers from The Muppet Show. As it was, all I got was a headache from rolling my eyes so much.

Writing: Don’t get me started.
Dialogue: Archaic (I saw fossils)
Recommend:

No comments:

Post a Comment