Thursday, February 27, 2014

Slumber by Samantha Young

SlumberSlumber by Samantha Young
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In short, this book was an awesome read, a real gem by an author that has become a recent favorite of mine. A little warning, though, it is one of her earlier works. So, please, do NOT be surprised if it is not as well developed as her blockbuster “On Dublin Street.” In fact, the book doesn’t even feel like it came from the same person.

Just keep in mind….apples and oranges.

 photo okayigetit_zps91bbc3f1.gif

What I like about this book? It’s got everything.


A princess in distress.


An epic journey.


Kidnappings. Escapes. Self-discovery. Overcoming personal/emotional obstacles.

Oh, and don’t forget the romance. The angst-ridden, heart wrenching, she-hates-me-but-I-love-her-anyways kind.

obsession photo icouldshowyoumyfavoriteobsession_zps7b19b0a7.gif

Yep. My favorite. I will read the crap out of that kind of romance regardless of how badly it is written. Good thing for me this is not the case in this story.

Rogan has a gift. She can find things. Just ask and she will know where it is and how to get it. She’s really handy if you lost your car keys. She’s really, really handy if you need to search for a cure that can save an entire kingdom.

But she cannot do it alone.

She has to rely on the one person she hates most in this world, Wolfe, the son of her enemy. In fact, View Spoiler she believes that he’s just biding his time before he decides to kill her.Close Spoiler
Understandably so because View Spoiler (uh, uh...read the book).Close Spoiler
.
So, there’s the premise. The plot was a little south of amazing and north of pedantic. Basically, it was eh. What made this book interesting are the characters in it. I got invested in the characters, ergo, got interested in what happened to them.

Plus, all that unwanted attraction running throughout the book. Yum!

happy judging photo areyoukiddingme-happyjudgingyouf_zps937bec37.gif

(Don’t judge me)

Characters: Fantastic. I wish a sequel is in the works but according to the author’s blog…it’ll be a cold day in yada-yada-yada… You get the idea

Plot: Not too ingenious but liked it none the less.

Writing: Decent for an early, under-developed work. Could be cutting more slack due to my love of the author.
Do I care? Nope.

Recommend: this is good photo thisisgood-newgirl_zps7729f1d3.gif


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment