Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pretend by Sharlay

 
 
So many things going wrong with this book, I don't even know where to start. First off, the blurb. The pretend part of the book was about 10%. Girl's ex cheats on her. She and her best-friend's brother pretend to be together to save her pride. Etc. etc. etc.

Then the book does a Heckle and Jeckle. Complete identity crisis. Is it a love triangle? Is it a romantic suspense? Why is there a stalker thrown in there for no reason. Why is everyone all of a sudden ending up in the hospital?


 

I am actually making it sound more interesting than it is. What this book really is....

 

Don't get me started on the dialogue. The conversations are awkward at best and contrived at its worst. I can't exactly pin point what was wrong, but the whole time I'm reading to conversation between the characters it felt unnatural. It made me realize I was reading and not immersed in a story if that makes any sense.

Plus, the story went on and on with scenarios that didn't need to be included and interest just disappeared after a while.


 

Oh well, on to the next.  

No comments:

Post a Comment